It's time to make Thanksgiving dinner reservations, especially if you want to enjoy your holiday meal at one of the Boston area's great restaurants on Thursday, November 27, 2014.
Most places have special menus and sometimes set seatings for major holidays. Many will require a deposit or credit card number to place a reservation.
We publish these holiday reservation reminders early so that our readers can get a head start and grab a reservation at a worthy spot. We'll keep adding updates as more places announce their intention to open and menus.
Which Boston Area Restaurants Are Open on Thanksgiving?
Hotel restaurants are normally open on all holidays. In Boston, this means some excellent choices including:
- Bar Boulud at the Mandarin Hotel
- L'Espalier at the Mandarin Hotel
- Rialto at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge
- Bristol Lounge at the Four Seasons Boston
- Brasserie JO at the Colonnade Hotel
- Meritage at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
- Dante at the Royal Sonesta Hotel across the River in Cambridge.
Master Lists of Boston Restaurants Open for Thanksgiving.
The reservation site Open Table is maintaining a list of restaurants with Thanksgiving menus. Listings include a price and information on offerings beyond traditional holiday fare. Remember, there are many more restaurants open that day. Put a time and number of guests into the system to see exactly what is available.
Here are a few that we can recommend from the long Open Table list.
- La Voile on Newbury Street always plans a special meal for the neighbors who love this small French charmer.
- Bistro du Midi always serves a wonderful meal. And, if you want lighter fare, their Café will be open at 11 a.m.
Open Table even includes some places outside the city if you're meeting up with family and friends who live in the suburbs. And, they can help you find a place to enjoy the holiday meal if you'll be away for the long weekend.
Bostonchefs.com has some information on its members' offerings. For example, here are a few options we'd consider if we were looking for a great menu:
- Eastern Standard in Kenmore Square will be open all day starting with breakfast and will serve Thanksgiving dinner from 1-8 p.m.
- L'Espalier in the Back Bay will showcase the harvest from Chef McClelland's Apple Street Farm and will offer a three course prix fixe menu or, for a special holiday treat, a degustation menu.
- Harvest in Harvard Square, Cambridge
- Top of the Hub at the Prudential Center in the Back Bay comes with a view!
- One recommendation for a lower cost option with good food would be Petit Robert in Boston.
Fairsted Kitchen is offering a pre-ordered, family style Thanksgiving dinner that is in keeping with their shared big plate menu. It seems like a good deal for a family or a bunch of friends who want to share a holiday meal.
A Few Places with Their Regular Menus Available
Many restaurants in Boston's Chinatown will be open. You can check with the Twitter account @bostonchinatown for more details.
Some chains restaurants will also offer their regular menus.
Davio's in Boston and Chestnut Hill
Capital Grille Boston, Chestnut Hill, and Burlington
We'll post updates in this space as other Boston resources post their lists and choices.
- Last year, over on the Boston Chowhound Board the hounds came up with Durgin Park as the perfect solution for a group of trainees who found themselves in Boston over the holiday. (Bad Website warning: the Durgin Park site has cheesy music and you have to click events to get to the holiday offering.)
Do you have an Amazon Gift Certificate to use? Remember to click over to Amazon from here to support this site!
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino