We are so happy that the Copley Square Farmers Market is open for the season. That's the home market for the BostonZest team and where we pick up lots of news from the farms. But, we also receive press releases, newsletters, and correspond with farm friends year-round to gather news for readers like you.
Today, we'll tell you about the "One Every Day of the Week" farmers market campaign over in Cambridge.
For years, we've pointed out that if you live in the central area of Boston, you have access to a farmers market seven days a week. The City of Cambridge has made a campaign of that fact to support the fresh, local food producers. If you'd like a copy of the poster, you can download one here. Download Farmers_Markets_poster_summer_2015
If the option for a particular day is not within walking distance from your home, it will be easy to reach by public transportation. That makes for a very lively, fresh, local food scene in and around Boston.
Since we shop at many area markets, we took the idea and information from Cambridge's poster and added the other markets we frequent.
- Sunday: Charles Square, Cambridge
- Monday: Boston Public Market, Blackstone Street and Central Square, Cambridge
- Tuesday: Copley Square, South Station/Dewey Square, and Harvard University Farmers Market, Cambridge
- Wednesday: Boston Public Market, Blackstone Street; Cambridge Center (Kendall MBTA); Davis Square, Somerville; and Charlestown
- Thursday: South Station/Dewey Square, Kendall Square (500 Kendall Street), Brookline/Coolidge Corner, Mission Hill/Roxbury, Brigham Circle, and East Boston/Central Square
- Friday: Copley Square and Charles Square, Cambridge
- Saturday: Union Square, Somerville; Cambridgeport, Cambridge; Roslindale/Adams Park; and Egleston, Jamaica Plain
For exact dates, maps, and other details on these markets check our post:
We'll do our best to keep you informed with a series of Market Reports throughout the season. And, we welcome your tips and suggestions. Add your thoughts in the comments below. Tweet them to @BostonZest or send us an email and we'll add your suggestions to this post as an update.
Here are more of our Local Food/Farmers Market posts.
What's on your Food Lover's Shopping List? Shop Amazon for all your kitchen & dining needs and support this site!
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photos: ©2015 Penny & Ed Cherubino