Pull out your calendars and mark the dates when you can go and see our Boston area farmers' market friends at their summer spots.
Here are the opening dates for some of our favorite markets. The links are to maps of the locations.
- South End/SOWA: May 4th (Sundays)
- Copley Square: May 13th (Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Cambridge Center (Kendall MBTA): May 14th (Wednesdays)
- Jamaica Plain (677 Centre Street): May 17th (Saturdays), (Saturdays & Tuesdays after June 17th)
- Prudential Center: Not operating this year due to planned contruction
- Union Square, Somerville: May 17th (Saturdays)
- Cambridge/Charles Square: May 18th (Sundays), June 6th (Fridays) *not confirmed
- Boston City Hall Plaza: (moved to Boston Public Market due to construction)
- Boston Public Market on the Greenway: May 19th (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Central Square, Cambridge: May 19th (Mondays)
- South Station/Dewey Square: May 20th (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Davis Square, Somerville: May 21st (Wednesdays)
- Cambridgeport: May 31st (Saturdays) *not confirmed
- Kendall Square (500 Kendall Street): June 4th (Thursdays)
- Roslindale: June 7th (Saturdays) (relocated from Adams Park due to construction)
- Egleston Jamaica Plain: June 7th (Saturdays)
Allston Village, 500 Cambridge St.: June 7th (Saturdays)
Harvard University Farmers' Market: Cambridge: June 10th (Tuesdays)
Allston/Harvard Farmers' Market: (N. Harvard St & Western Ave) June 13th (Fridays)
- Brookline/Coolidge Corner: June 19th (Thursdays) (Winter Market is still operating until 6/15)
If you have confirmed dates for your favorite farmers' market, please tell us in a comment or send us an email and we'll add it as an update to this post.
We'll be telling you more about some of these markets in the weeks ahead!
Update: 05/14/14: Here is the great selection of food we bought at the opening day of the Copley Farmers' Market.
Bread, cookies, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, baby arugula, scallions, and goat cheese.
See our review of The Boston Homegrown Cookbook: Local Food, Local Restaurants, Local Recipes. It's full of chefs, farmers, and food producers you know, and we highly recommend it. Remember, always click over to Amazon from here to support this site!
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photography: © 2013 Penny & Ed Cherubino