February is a month that doesn’t stick around very long, so we’re not losing any time raising a glass of bubbly to welcome its arrival.
To help us maintain contact with this rapid mover, we’ve selected a fresh, light spumante from Verona in northeast Italy.
While spumante (sparkling wine) often brings to mind a very sweet holiday wine (as in Asti), the Durella (aka Durello) grape in our Dama del Rovere, Brenton Durello, Vino Spumante Brut is favored for its high level of acidity.
Tasters describe a:
- “Delicate and slightly fruity characteristic”
- “The taste is dry, tangy, full-bodied”
- “Pairs well with cheese, fish, sushi” (italianwinelovers.it)
- “Fresh, easy going spumante, great for aperitivo”
- “Dry, crisp, thirst quenching”
- “Light acidity, not too sweet”
- “Good for mimosas” (vivino.com)
- “Durella wines tend to be reasonably light and delicate"
- "Floral, citrusy characters and mineral overtones”
- “Food matches for Durella include: Tempura-battered prawns” (wine searcher.com)
Alright! Enough with the temptation! We’re more than ready to un-cork. Here’s hoping you’ll select a bottle of bubbly and join our Sparkling Resolution as we toast February, day one. But, remember, do it soon! There are only 27 days remaining!
We purchased our bottle of Dama del Rovere, Brenton Durello, Vino Spumante Brut (12% ABV) from: City Liquors, 620 Cambridge St., Cambridge, MA 617-945-0095, Price: ~ $15
Here’s more about: Our Sparkling Resolution
Do you have an Amazon Gift Certificate to use? Or do you need to buy one for a gift? Remember to click over to Amazon from here to support this site!
Words: Ed Cherubino
Photography: © 2017 Penny & Ed Cherubino