Pull out your calendars and mark the dates when you can go and see our Boston area farmers market friends at their summer spots. Our Friday Link today is will take you to your favorite markets.
Here are the opening dates for some of our favorite markets. The links are to maps of the locations.
- Copley Square: May 12th (Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Cambridge Center (Kendall MBTA): May 13th (Wednesdays)
- Jamaica Plain (677 Centre Street): May16th (Saturdays)
- Union Square, Somerville: May 16th (Saturdays)
- Central Square, Cambridge: May 18th (Mondays)
- South Station/Dewey Square: May 19th (Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Davis Square, Somerville: May 20th (Wednesdays)
- Cambridge/Charles Square: May 24th (Sundays), June 5th (Fridays)
- Boston Public Market on the Greenway: May 27th (Mondays and Wednesdays)
- Cambridgeport: June 6th (Saturdays)
- Kendall Square (500 Kendall Street): June 4th (Thursdays)
- Roslindale: June 6th (Saturdays) Back in Adams Park this year.
- Egleston Jamaica Plain: June 6th (Saturdays)
- Harvard University Farmers Market: Cambridge: June 9th (Tuesdays)
- Brookline/Coolidge Corner: June 18th (Thursdays)
- Allston/Harvard Farmers Market: (N. Harvard St & Western Ave) June 19th (Fridays)
- Allston Village, 500 Cambridge St: June 20th (Saturdays)
- The year-round Boston Public Market will be opening in July.
If you have confirmed dates for your favorite farmers market, please tell us in a comment or send us an email and we'll add it as an update to this post.
We use and highly recommend a Rolser Shopping Trolley for your farmers market visits. It stands on its own and can haul your purchases over city sidewalks without a problem.
See our review of The Boston Homegrown Cookbook: Local Food, Local Restaurants, Local Recipes. It's full of chefs, farmers, and food producers you know, and we highly recommend it. Remember, always click over to Amazon from here to support this site!
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photography: © 2011 Penny Cherubino