- Newbury Street filled with shoppers on Sunday.
- Happy diners eating outside at La Voile and at Tasty Burger. (Warning: There's music on La Voile's site.)
- Students studying on the Commonwealth Avenue Mall.
- Lots of spring plants sprouting in Back Bay gardens. The snowdrops have been up for weeks and some crocuses, pansies, and heather are already in bloom.
- (Click a thumbnail to choose an image in any order you like. You'll stay right here on this page.)
Sometimes the freelance life lets you stretch your long weekend by an extra day or, at least, fit in more fun around your work hours. It was that kind of weekend for us.
We strolled home with stops at Central Bottle to stock up on cheese, bread, beer, and wine for the weekend and Flour Bakery for two pieces of their fabulous Boston Cream Pie cake to honor a friend's birthday. (And, to tease him with another reason to miss Boston from his new home in San Francisco!)
Saturday, we shared a tray at Sweet Cheeks Q and added a new favorite side dish that will also be featured here in the days ahead.
We ran into lots of friends in lots of places and had some down time at home with a bit of great wine and home cooking. It was a good weekend to spend in town enjoying some of the great things Boston has to offer.
What's on your weekend get-away shopping list? Remember to click over to Amazon from here to support this site!
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photography: © 2012 Penny & Ed Cherubino
Note on Comments: We monitor comments constantly and anything that is pure spam, inappropriate, or nasty is swept away. In addition to readers comments, we welcome hearing from the people, places, and services we cover. Often those add a great insights for our readers. As long as it doesn’t become a pure ad, we’d love to hear from you.