Here's to a safe and happy halloween to all our readers. If you plan to drive around Boston tonight, we want to share information we have on some holiday street closings.
If you know of more closings, please add them in the comment section.
"Marlborough Street from Berkeley-Fairfield Street and Dartmouth & Clarendon Streets from Beacon to Commonwealth Avenue will be closed to traffic from 5:00-9:30 p.m. to ensure safe trick-or-treating. Parked cars may stay on these streets, but will not be permitted to move during the street closing."
"Pinckney Street and Mount Vernon Street to be closed from Joy Street to Charles Street on Halloween, October 31.
Please note that these official road closures prevent access to Chestnut, Spruce, Walnut and Willow Streets, as well as Louisburg Square and sections of West Cedar Street and Cedar Lane Way.
At the request of several families, the spooky fun will begin earlier this year because Halloween falls on a Monday. The roads will be closed from 4:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m."
And from the city comes this listing of events around the city tonight...
"Monday, October 31st
- Tobin Community Center, 4-8 PM, Haunted Halls Halloween Party for all ages
BPD Halloween Events
- District E5 (West Roxbury/Roslindale) Friday October 28, 2011 5:00pm-8:00pm at E-5 District Station, 1708 Centre Street in West Roxbury. District E5 will host ghosts, goblins, princesses, fairies and various other creative creatures for an evening of Halloween fun! The district has planned a number of activities, entertainment and family festivities.
- District E13 (Jamaica Plain) Friday October 28, 2011 5:00pm- 8:00pm at E-13 District Station, 3347 Washington Street in Jamaica Plain. Join the officers at District E-13 for a Haunted House, costumes and Halloween fun!
- District E18 (Hyde Park) Wednesday October 26, 2011 from 4:00pm-6:00pm at the Hyde Park Community Center, 1179 River Street. Mayor Menino’s Office of Arts, Tourism and Special Events is collaborating with District E18 and the HP Community Center to host local residents for music, refreshments, games and Halloween fun!
- District D4 (Back Bay/South End) Saturday October 29, 2011 at 12:00pm-4:00pm. Officers from District D-4 will participate in the Blackstone Square Halloween Festival. Visit officers at the ‘Safety Table’ and receive a Boston Police goody bag and a Halloween safety coloring book! District B2 (Roxbury) Monday October 31, 2011 from 4:00pm-6:00pm at NEW! B2 District Station, 2400 Washington Street, Roxbury.
- District B2 is hosting its 1st annual children’s Halloween party! Local residents are invited to join officers for an evening of face painting, games, refreshments and a costume contest!
- District B3 (Mattapan) Thursday October 27, 2011 4:00pm-8:00pm at B3 Police Station parking lot, 1165 Blue Hill Ave. District B3 will host community members for some Halloween fun! Bring your costumes and enjoy the festivities."
When you shop Amazon, you can support BostonZest by beginning from a link like this one or an Amazon banner ad. It won't cost you any more, but Amazon will put a few coins in our tip cup.
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photos: © 2011 Penny Cherubino
Note on Comments: We monitor comments constantly and anything that is pure spam, inappropriate, or nasty is swept away. In addition to readers' comments, we welcome hearing from the people, places, and services we cover. Often those comments add great insights for our readers. As long as it doesn’t become a pure ad, we’d love to hear from you.