Even if you love eggs, it is possible to go overboard! This is the time of year when hard boiled eggs seem to multiply. No matter how many you eat, there’s always one more.
Knowing that this growing problem has the very real potential of causing needless anxiety– and who needs that– we have selflessly volunteered to offer a rescue plan.
5 Ways to Enjoy Devouring All Those Hard Boiled Eggs!
- Eggs for Breakfast - Of course! But hard boiled? Perfect when you or a family member is running late. Snatch a peeled hard boiled egg for a dose of protein as you fly out the door.
- Eggs for Lunch - Sliced into a sandwich, slipped into your lunch kit (shell-on) for an afternoon snack, or as egg salad– try switching out the mayo for Créme fraiche and adding some mustard and tabasco, to taste.
- Eggs for Dinner - Have a quick curried egg dish: heat a jarred Indian korma sauce, folding in sliced hard boiled eggs and steamed cauliflower. Serve it over some toasted naan flatbread.
- Eggs Any Time - How about that famous egg recipe from Scotland– “Scotch Eggs.” The egg is wrapped in sausage and deep-fried.
- Sides and Snacks - Just say, “Deviled Eggs” at a gathering and heads will turn. Pass a tray of them, and it will come back empty.
And, if you’re still feeling some twinges of doubt as to whether this rescue plan will actually succeed, take a deep breath, and go straight to Penny’s newspaper article from which this was adapted. You'll find more hard boiled egg preparations. Click here for a pop up of the column.
Penny doesn't use a lot of gadgets, but here's one she loves– her egg slicer! (It's not a uni-tasker, it also cuts berries and mushrooms.)
Words: Penny & Ed Cherubino
Photography: © 2011 Penny Cherubino