Flu Vaccination information is now available on a new page for the 2012-2013 flu season!
Here's the final MA Public Health Weekly Flu Report of the 2010 - 2011 flu season.
Here's the latest Flu Shot information. We've compiled a list of sources to help in your search for this season's vaccination. The CDC reminds you, "The 2010-2011 flu vaccine will protect against three different flu viruses: an H3N2 virus, an influenza B virus and the H1N1 virus that caused so much illness last season."
You'll find assistance from federal, state and local authorities– including medical institutions and retail stores. There are sites to track flu activity, plus ways that could save you time and money.
As always, check with your doctor or other healthcare professional for any flu-related advice.
New flu vaccine choices for people 65 and over. CDC explains
Great News! A Flu Shot may be Good for your Heart!
According to a recent study, getting a seasonal flu shot could help you avoid a heart attack. And, the earlier you get vaccinated the better. Details here.
Do federal, state, and city health officials have any updates on flu or flu vaccinations?
- Get all the latest facts on the 2010-2011 Flu Season and this year's vaccine @ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Massachusetts Health and Human Services is continuing its Flu Facts site. Learn more here.
- Commonwealth Conversations: Public Health has Weekly Flu Report.
Where can I get a flu vaccination in the Boston area?
Here's a search box made available to us by the US Department of Health. Just enter your Zip Code, hit go, and you'll have a map of options.
- The Boston Public Health Commission lists the latest flu clinics. Check here for details.
Where can I get a flu vaccination in the surrounding area
More information below the ad.
Whether you're waiting in line for a flu shot or taking an easy day with a headcold, an Amazon Kindle makes a great companion. Buy new books on the fly, dig into your archive to re-read old favorites. And, thank you to everyone who supports the production of information like this by beginning all their Amazon shopping from BostonZest. It doesn't cost you a penny more, but it does put a few pennies in our pockets.
What is the level of flu activity in our area?
More details below...
- Some Pharmacies have flu vaccine, including CVS, Walgreens, and RiteAid.
- For ways to cut the cost of a flu shot, we found a lot of good information in this post at Smart Money.
- If you haven't checked lately, this might be a good time to consult with your primary care physician for the latest flu shot information.
- Whichever flu shot location you choose, we recommend that you call the site directly before going.
If you subscribe to the comment feed for this post, you'll be notified of updates. Or, follow us on Twitter for updates to this article.
Words: Ed Cherubino